Sunday, December 25, 2011

Brickformers

So Hasbro's 2nd foray into building block toys after the abysmal Built-To-Rule line just popped in KL: Kreos. And it looks like we have a winner.

First of all, just look at the pricing. A similar sized set (say that 3 times) licensed Lego set would cost 1.5 to 2 times the price of a Kreo set, at the expense of slightly lower quality build.

(Apparently these are by Oxford, a Korean based Lego competitor that does military models.)

Don't get me wrong. I was brought up on Legos. My brothers and i would stay up til 3am just mucking around with bricks all over the carpet. But now that i buy these for my kid i know the cost of brand loyalty and Kreos in comparison just deliver more bang for the buck.

I bought Starscream first (was keen on the jet mode). Then went back for Prime and Bumblebee (the small ones, sans minifig) and lastly Mirage. And i'm really looking forward to more of these. I play a bit with my kid's Lego but building my fave G1 character really brings back that feeling from childhood completing my Lego City sets.

Here's hoping they make G1 Metroplex, Animated Omega Supreme and heck, even an Ark/Mount Saint Hillary diorama. Hey, i can dream, right?

No comments: