Wednesday, December 09, 2015

A Long Time Ago, In A Fanart Forum Far Away...

With a new movie coming out this month, thought i'd revisit all the Star Wars art i've drawn over the years. While this blog is predominantly robits and bricks, SW was what brought me into the collecting scene, so i'll always have a soft spot for this franchise.

Back when i started drawing fanart - the robit fandom's artist scene is very lively, so good that quite a few fan artist turn pros from exposure through the fandom - occasionally a SW idea would hit me, and i'd draw something like this: straight outta mos eisley!


I'd then try my hand at something more serious, but my inks a TURRIBLE: going for a 'beauty and the beast' kinda thing here:


Later i'd join a legit comic art forum, and it helped me develop my style and technique. My linework tends to be sloppy, but it helps in action poses like this:


I'd learn to use computer coloring/shading to mask my deficiencies, but long term it prolly hindered me fine tuning my skills:


But the best part of doing fanart, you get to make up scenes like this:



Almost all of my drawings are OT based, but sometimes you see somebody else draw a badass pic of Queen Amidala and you want to have a go at it too:


Of course, this guy is always fun to draw:



A lot of my art is basically just me having a funny idea in my head and wanting to see it put down on paper and you get stuff like this:


Boba Fett goes to the prom:


Never too old for poop jokes:


We were doing Christmas art at Penciljack forums and i was just trying to work in a SW themed snow globe:



Vader is totally a deadbeat dad:


I've always found the bit in ROTJ where Han doesn't even see Boba when he whacks him into the Sarlacc Pit funny...


Its a trap!...play:


When i started a Tumblr account i was messing a lot with drawing using an iphone, and came up with these:



But i found even that took too much time, so i started drawing thumbnail art on post it notes and would post these on Instagram:


It's Boba's 'vette!


No comments: